Monday, September 15, 2008

Cons Can Vote

Had Trouble Hyperlinking from Home
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14felony.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
In the New York Times there is a spot for just politics, and in this spot I found an article titled “States Restore Voting Rights to Ex-Convicts.” The whole article is about making some republican Charlie Crist look good because he changed the rule for ex-convicts to vote.
Personally this topic has nothing to do with me, and quite frankly doesn’t even matter to me, but I did find it interesting that those rights were even taken away in the first place. It seems like something of a silly rule because whether they are convicts or not, that doesn’t affect the way they vote. And let’s just say that id does affect the way they vote, it doesn’t matter because when you vote it is all based on who you think will do the better job. I guess that’s all taken care of now that they have the power back. Actually that is almost against the constitution because it takes away democracy for some people. I am glad that they got their rights back.

No comments: